Graduate Studies in
Soil and Water Sciences
The graduate program in Soil and Water Sciences offers comprehensive training in the chemistry, physics, biology, and ecology of soils, water bodies, and wetlands. Both M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are offered, and students can specialize in a variety of areas, including:
- soil and aquatic chemistry
- watershed and groundwater hydrology
- soil and aquatic microbiology
- soil-plant relations and biogeochemistry
- bioremediation and phytoremediation
- soil genesis, mineralogy, geomorphology
- ecotoxicology of soils and sediments
Recent graduates have gone on to careers in academia, industry, research, consulting, government, and regulatory agencies.
UCR's Program in Soil Science Earns Top Rank
When it comes to results, UC Riverside stacks up well. The latest example of this comes by way of the Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index™, a new annual index of graduate programs that rates faculty members’ scholarly output at nearly 7,300 doctoral programs in the United States. The index has given the top rank to UCR’s program in soil science, offered by the Department of Environmental Sciences. more...